If your schedule doesn’t allow for you to stay on Korcula Island, how about taking a day trip here instead? It is easily reachable from the Peljesac Peninsula, as well as other several great nearby Dalmatian destinations.
How to get to Korcula Island
Day Trip to Korcula from the Peljesac Peninsula
Whether travelling by foot or with a vehicle, you will need to cross to Korcula Island from the town of Orebic. At Orebic you can take the foot passenger ferry (tickets can be purchased on the boat) or the Jadrolinija car ferry (tickets can be purchased online or from the ticket office in Orebic). There are several crossings a day.
Schedule for Foot Passenger Ferry from Orebic to Korcula
Schedule & Tickets for Car Ferry from Orebic to Domince (this is a small port around 3.5 kms from Korcula Town)
Day Trip to Korcula from Split
There is a Krilo/Kapetan Luka catamaran departing every day from Split between 7 May until 15 October at 07:40. The boat returns to Split at 18:00.
Schedule & Tickets for Catamaran from Split to Korcula
Day trip to Korcula from Hvar
There is a Krilo/Kapetan Luka catamaran departing every day from Hvar between 7 May until 15 October at 08:50. The boat returns to Hvar at 18:00.
Schedule & Tickets for Catamaran from Hvar to Korcula
Day trip to Korcula from Dubrovnik
There is a Jadrolinija catamaran departing every day from Dubrovnik between 29 May until 28 October at 07:00. The boat returns to Dubrovnik at 19:25.
Schedule & Tickets for Catamaran from Dubrovnik to Korcula
Arrival at Korcula Town
All the above boats (with the exception of the car ferry from Orebic which arrives at Domince) arrive at Korcula Town, either at the west or east port (left or right side of Korcula Old Town). The Old Town lies in between both ports, so it’s quite easy to navigate your way around.
The main Korcula Tourist Office is located in a loggia opposite the west port. You’ll also find several travel agencies around the town offering information, tours, excursions and rentals (bikes, kayaks, scooters).
Things to Do During a Day Trip to Korcula Island
- Spend the morning exploring Korcula old town taking in one of the town museums such as the Icon museum or St Mark’s Cathedral.
- Get some fantastic panoramic views of the Old Town by climbing either the bell tower at the Cathedral or heading to the top of the Land Gate.
- Take a tour to learn more about the island. We run wine & food tasting tours on Korcula and can be flexible with timings, especially during the low season.
- Take a moment to relax over a coffee from Arula cafe or an ice-cream from Kiwi.
- Do something active such as kayaking to a couple of the islets in the Korcula archipelago, book a windsurfing lesson or hire bikes and cycle to Lumbarda. Our self guided cycling tour to Lumbarda provides routes, information & suggested spots for photos.
- Hire a scooter or a car and visit some of the fascinating villages and towns on Korcula, such as the fishing village of Racisce. Or let us arrange a driver to take you on a private island tour which can include stops for swimming, wine tasting or lunch.
- Enjoy traditional cuisine and wine by having lunch at one of the top-quality restaurants such as Filippi or tasting local wines at Bokar wine bar (both located in the Old Town).
- Chill out at one of Korcula Island’s beaches and enjoy the amazingly clear Adriatic sea.
- Join a boat trip to one of the islets just off the coast of Korcula Town such as Badija or Vrnik.
Are you planning a day trip to Korcula? Let us know what you will do when you visit in the comments below.
Planning a holiday to Croatia? Pin this to your vacation board and plan a day trip to Korcula Island.