- Meet 3 local Korcula Island producers to learn more about island life
- Try a range of honey all produced on the island using local bees!
- Sample the island’s gin production, which uses ingredients from Korcula
- Taste the refreshing Grk wine which is grown almost exclusively in the village of Lumbarda
- Learn how locally grown produce is turned into delicious sweet treats, preserves and brandies
Just a short trip from Korcula and you will arrive at our first stop on the tour, one of the region’s top honey producers. Here you will learn how honey gets from the beehives to jars and what makes it taste different. You will also get to sample the honey producer’s latest delicious product using local ingredients – gin!
You’ll continue the transfer a little further to the village of Lumbarda to enjoy one of Korcula’s most famous products, its wine, at a family run winery. Your tasting includes the acclaimed and little known white wine, Grk, as well as Plavac Mali (a red wine produced through-out Dalmatia with ties to American Zinfandel). All wines are paired with tasty regional snacks.
Leaving the winery, you will take a short 10-15 minute scenic walk before arriving at the final destination to sweeten up your taste-buds. At the home of the jovial Ivan & Ana, you will taste an array of delicious homemade products including olive oil, preserves, sweet treats, Croatian rakija (brandy), domestic wine and to top the tour off, pancakes (crepe-style) with jam. After we bid our new friends farewell, you’ll return back to Korcula.