Make Korcula your base for longer than just a 2 or 3 night hop-over. Its position puts it in a perfect spot to take a few day trips to nearby top Dalmatian destinations.
Day Trip from Korcula to Mljet Island
Located just a 30-minute high-speed boat trip from Korcula, a visit to the beautiful national park island of Mljet should be top on your day trip list.
What to do on Mljet?
- Take a boat trip around the great lake to the monastery island
- Hire a bike and cycle to a remote bay for swimming
- Hire a kayak and paddle around the small and large lake
- Enjoy the underwater world and book a scuba diving lesson
- Visit Odysseus cave who allegedly meet the Nymph, Calypso here
How to get to Mljet from Korcula Island?
Day Trip from Korcula to Orebic
Visiting Orebic makes an easy day trip from Korcula as the town is located just across the Peljesac channel on the mainland. From here you can also travel along the Peljesac coastline to some of the other villages such as Viganj.
What to do on in Orebic?
- Relax and swim at one of the main beaches dotted along the waterfront
- Bounce around on the water inflatables at the family-friendly beach Prapratno
- Visit Korta Katarina winery and enjoy a luxurious wine tasting
- Hire bikes and cycle along the coastline to Viganj where you can hang out at the lively beach bar or take a windsurfing lesson
How to get to Orebic from Korcula Island?
- The passenger ferry from Korcula centre departs several times daily (SCHEDULE)
- If you want to drive, the car ferry which departs a couple of kilometres out of town runs regularly throughout the day. (SCHEDULE)
Day Trip from Korcula to Ston & Peljesac Wine Growing Region
The main road through the Peljesac peninsula to Ston is lined by many excellent wineries offering tastings of the premium wines grown in the area. Ston itself is a historic and picturesque town with many things to do.
What to do in Ston & on the Peljesac?
- Known as the “European Wall of China” walk the impressive 5.5km of the Ston Wall
- Visit the Ston salt mines
- Taste the fresh oysters pulled straight out of the sea in Mali Ston
- Take or walk or hike along one of the old Napoleonic roads through the Peljesac peninsula
- The area is famous for Dingac red wine. There are many wineries you can wine taste at including Bartulovic and Milos
How to get to Ston & the Peljesac from Korcula Island?
- Hire a car from Korcula, take the car ferry to Orebic and drive to Ston, enjoying the scenic route & wineries on the way (SCHEDULE)
- Book a private driver so you can make the most of the wine tasting!
- Or include a stop on the way to or from Dubrovnik Town/Dubrovnik Airport. Ask us about private transfer options.
Day Trip from Korcula to Lastovo
The boat ride alone from Korcula to Lastovo is stunning (and you might get lucky to spot a dolphin). Lastovo is an archipelago, the main island also named Lastovo. With stunning coves and an interesting town centre to explore, it makes a fun day trip from Korcula.
What to do on Lastovo?
- Wander amongst the old stone houses located in Lastovo town built upon a steep slope
- Climb the fort for fantastic panoramic views over the whole of Lastovo village
- Take advantage of the well-marked cycling and walking paths across the island and explore nature
- Relax and snorkel at one of the small bays on the island, including Pasadur, Zaklopatica or Skrivena Luka
- Book a scuba diving lesson and go in search of sealife and shipwrecks
How to get to Lastovo from Korcula Island?
- There is a daily car ferry from Vela Luka operated by Jadrolinija, foot passengers can also travel (SCHEDULE)
Day Trip from Korcula to Hvar
Despite its reputation as a party island, Hvar also prides itself on its history, culture and wine. You’ll arrive at Hvar town where you can easily spend the day or explore the island in more depth.
What to do on Hvar?
- Visit the Paklini Islands for some relaxing beach time
- Climb the fort for amazing views over Hvar Town
- Explore St Stephen’s Square
- Stop off at The Wine Bar – Tri Prsuta to sample the local varietals
- Hire a scooter and visit some of the more remote parts of the island such as Stari Grad, Jelsa or Vrboska
How to get to Hvar from Korcula Island?
Day Trip from Korcula to Split
As Croatia’s second-largest city, Split has a great vibe and is truly representative of local life in Dalmatia. With a fascinating historical centre, a range of restaurants and bars and beaches, it offers plenty to do during a day trip from Korcula.
What to do in Split?
- Sip coffee at one of the cafe bars along the Riva and watch the world go by
- Explore Diocletian’s palace and basements, the once palatial home of a Roman Emperor
- Enjoy a delicious home-cooked and traditional lunch at Vela Spiza
- Get closer to nature with a walk through Marjan park
- Sample the delicious produce grown and made by the hands of locals at the green market
How to get to Split from Korcula Island?
- It’s an early start but you can take the 06:00 catamaran operated by Krilo and spend a full day in Split (SCHEDULE)
Day Trip from Korcula to Dubrovnik
The most well known and visited place in Croatia, the UNESCO world heritage site of Dubrovnik is a true spectacle. Beach options are more limited but you’ll probably want to spend your time exploring the Old Town whilst visiting.
What to do in Dubrovnik?
- Walk the Old Town walls and peer down into the streets and alleyways
- Take a boat and visit the Island of Lokrum, located just off the shore of Dubrovnik
- Ride the cable car up Mount Srd for awesome views over Dubrovnik Old Town
- Find the secret hole in the wall and stop off at the Buza bar for a drink with an unbeatable view
- Mark off the Game of Thrones landmarks as you wander around the old city
How to get to Dubrovnik from Korcula Island?
- It’ll be a short visit, but you can take the catamaran operated by Kapetan Luka (SCHEDULE)
- Hire a car and take a scenic drive along the Peljesac to Dubrovnik (approx. 2-hour drive from Orebic)
Are you planning to take any day trips when visiting Korcula Island? Let us know in the comments below.
Planning a trip to Korcula? Pin it to your holiday board.