Enjoy not only a fantastic bike ride through Korcula’s beautiful countryside, but also stops at three local producers where your taste-buds will get going on some fantastic local products.
Tour Price: 68€ per person
Payment Terms: Full payment required in advance
Group Size: 2 – 8
Dates Available: May to end of October (check availability below)
Time of Tour: 14:45 – approx. 19:00
- A moderately paced ride through wonderful country trails
- Opportunity to meet three local producers of Korcula’s finest honey, wine and jams
- Learn the fascinating process of how honey is produced
- Taste the delicious white wine Grk, produced almost exclusively in Lumbarda
- Sample homemade sweet treats, jams and olive oil at a local homestead
Heading away from Korcula Town towards Lumbarda by bike, our first stop comes after no more than 15 minutes at one of the region’s top honey producers. Here we will learn how honey gets from the beehives to jars, followed by honey tasting.
Back on our bikes we take to a picturesque country trail before finding ourselves at a top Grk producing winery where we will sit down and enjoy several wines, accompanied by Dalmatian snacks of ham, cheese and marinated fish.
Our final stop is a short cycle away and takes us to the home and gardens of our friend Ivan and his wife Ana. Here we will see where their fruits are grown before trying their award-winning jam selection, which is truly outstanding, along with homemade liquors, wine, sweet treats and olive oil. We round the taste extravaganza off with some crepe style pancakes filled with jam, before heading back to Korcula. The ride back is through some truly wonderful countryside and will take 30-45 minutes.