If you want to be a stone’s throw away from the sea, whilst surrounded by a peaceful and beautiful setting, Racisce will be the place for you. Here you can combine the opportunity to get away from it all, with leisurely pursuits such as hiking, cycling and snorkelling. The village has a few nearby restaurants and cafes and a supermarket if you need to pick up a few groceries. Racisce is fairly close to Korcula, should you want to have a more lively night out during your holiday to Korcula Island.
Why Stay in Racisce?
- Quiet accommodation in very close proximity to the sea and beautiful surroundings.
- Twenty-minute car/bus journey or forty minute – one-hour cycle ride to Korcula.
- In walking distance to two of Korcula’s most stunning beaches, Vaja and Samograd.
Read more about where to stay on Korcula Island.
Top 5 Things To Do in Racisce
- One of our prized finds, a trip to Vaja beach whilst you are in Racisce is a must. A fifteen-minute walk from the village, although a steep path down, will bring you to this small bay. The perfect relaxation spot to swim and snorkel. An even more secluded Korcula beach but equally as stunning as Vaja is Samograd. It’s further to walk, about half an hour from Racisce, but you’ve got a good chance of having the beach all to yourself.
- Visit the two local churches. The development of the village in the 17th century by refugees from the mainland seeking safety saw the construction of The Church of Our Lady. The more recent parish church of St Nicholas was built towards the end of the 19th century.
- There are many marked and hidden paths surrounding Racisce, providing fantastic views over the mainland peninsula, Peljesac. If you are walking amongst the numerous olive groves in October, be sure to help the locals harvest their olives.
- Take a short walk up the hill behind Racisce. Here you will get fabulous panoramic views of this quaint village.
- Try your hand at “bocce/bocanje” the Croatian version of boules. The bocce pitch is located in the middle of the village. The idea is to throw heavy metal balls under-arm along the length of the pitch, aiming to get as close as possible to the jack. Of course, the locals will join in & help you with the rules!
More About Racisce
Things to do on Korcula Island
Beaches on Korcula Island
Bays on Korcula Island
Outdoor Activities on Korcula
How to get to Korcula Island & Tips for Travelling Around
Where to stay on Korcula Island.