Well known for its sandy beaches, Lumbarda is a great destination for a sunshine holiday on Korcula, but there’s more to do here than just topping up your tan. Lumbarda has strong historical roots with archaeological discoveries still being made. Today the fertile land hosts numerous vineyards which produce delicious wine, notably Grk, a wine that is grown nowhere else in Croatia. Having developed close friendships with many of the winemakers in the village, we run exceptional wine tasting experiences in Lumbarda.
Why Stay in Lumbarda?
- Peaceful but with a busy daytime vibe, within a ten-minute bus or car journey to Korcula old town.
- Within a few minutes walk to the only sandy beaches on the island including Przina & Bilin Zal ideal for family holidays.
- Surrounded by various marked walking and cycling routes.
- Ideal location for wine tasting with several wineries and family-run restaurants which make their own wine in easy walking distance.
Top 5 Things To Do in Lumbarda
- A visit to Lumbarda would not be complete without a taste of the locally produced white wine Grk. This is the only place in Croatia it is produced. You can enjoy a wine tasting experience at a number of family-run wineries and of course purchase a bottle or two to enjoy at home. Why not join us on one of our Wine Tasting Tours in Lumbarda or our Taste of Korcula Tours, which focus upon local produce.
- With the only sandy beaches on the island of Korcula, spend a few hours lounging at the bays of Przina or Bilin Zil. The shallow water here provides a safe and fun environment for children to play and plenty of sand for castle building! There is a small hut selling beach gear such as inflatable lilos, rubber rings and bucket & spades in the village.
- Due to its relatively flat terrain, Lumbarda is a great place to stretch your legs. Cycle amongst the fields carpeted with vineyards or walk through the luscious forest of pine trees to the furthest point east on the island, Raznjicć, for fantastic views out to sea and of the island of Mljet. You can hire bikes at an agency in the centre of Lumbarda or it is an easy cycle ride from Korcula, where numerous agencies hire bikes. Our self guided cycling Instagram tour from Korcula to Lumbarda will help lead your way.
- A summer holiday is not complete without a summer cocktail and there’s no better place to get your Mojito or Pina Colada from than Antonio’s cocktail beach bar located by Przina sandy beach.
- Throughout the summer the Lumbarda Tourist Board puts on a summer fiesta with events for the whole family including, donkey racing, fisherman evenings every Friday night where you can try freshly caught grilled seafood and fish and musical/folk concerts.